Thursday, June 21, 2007

Square Cards is the Ways To Use It Challenge Today!


I enjoyed making this card! It came together very differently than the idea in my head, but I like it much better anyway. I started with this peice of rickrack Daisy D cardstock, it's nice and thick and distressed so nicely. Then I did a panel for the side and used my corner rounder punch with the guide removed to do the scallops. That took two tries to get it straight! Then I made the doodle this flower and cut it out, and put them together with the New SU Ice Crystal Brad. Then I added the punches and distressed them with the HP Hardware brads. I Then stamped the flourish and mounted the flower on dimensionals. It needed more, so I stamped and cut out the little butterfly. Then I added the ribbon on the clip. I still wanted a sentiment, so I cut out some ovals in pink and yellow, but they just didn't "work". So I decided to risk the entire card, and stamped Blessings right on the top. You gotta live dangerously sometimes, lol! I love how it matches the flourish and think it drew everything together. I'm on a roll, that is four challenges this week! yay!

1 comment:

Corie said...

Great square card.