Friday, June 22, 2007

Art of Life SCS, LSC121 Simple Sympathy


This Splitcoast Challenge was to use a neglected stamp set we hadn't used in a long time. This set I got from my upline after it retired. I just really like it, but I haven't used it much, and not in a long time! I saw Mona Lisa's simple beautiful card with this set, and wanted to make something similar. We had a young man at church pass away this week and so I made this Sympathy card for their family. I tried and tired to put a ribbon on it, but it really didn't want ribbon, it wanted to stay simple. I used shimmer white paper, and colored the blossom with purple shimmer gel pen, so the card has a nice glowy shine to it.

2 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Lovely card! WOW!

Corie said...

simple yet so elegant -- love it