Friday, September 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Witch for SCS Limited Supply Challenge


This card was made for Splitcoaststampers Friday Limited Supply Challenge. The challenge was to make a card using Halloween Stamps, but the card wasn't to be a Halloween card, but for another purpose. (like humorous, get well, thank you, thinking of you, etc) I choose a Birthday Card. I didn't think I had any Halloween Stamps at all, I've never purchased any because I don't give cards around or about Halloween, but in looking through my stamps ran across this little witch in the Tag Time Hostess Set. Didn't know if I could make an entire card around her, she's really tiny, but in adding this and that, she still pretty well dominates the card, lol! I added a dotted border on the bottom of her dress, colored her in with SU markers, then distressed the image and the scalloped punch layers with antique and tea Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger. Pressed the natural white card against a perfect Plum inkpad for the distressed edge, then layered it with the mustard and black card stock. I used the SU polka dot background stamp to stamp black dots on the Old olive layer, and then tied the wide black ribbon around that. I punched the ovals, found that the Happy Birthday from Little Hello's fit in the small oval nicely, stamped and sponged the ovals with the antique ink, then inserted the black brads. I stamped the Birthday Sentiment from Circle of Friendship, cut that out by hand and distressed it, then punched the purple and black layers with SU circle punches. Adhered everything on the olive layer, the oval and circles are raised on dimentionals. Then I took it out to the front porch for some light, snapped the picture, and now you see it too. :)

1 comment:

Corie said...

I love this card -- so adorable -- I especially love all the colors