Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bodacious Sweet Tent Topper


This card was made with scraps from the stamping table. A bit of this and that. The paper wasn't long enough to make an big card, so I made a tent topper. The scallop was left over from a different project, and since it was white, I sponged it with Ranger Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Aged Mahogany to match the Ruby Red paper. That worked OK until I got carried away with doing the flower. But I used it all anyway. The leaves were done with markers, colored right onto the rubber in Mellow Moss and Old Olive. Put everything together, added brads, added holes in the scalloped circle. Then I sponged everything again with Aged Mahogany and a little bit of Tea Distressing Ink as well. Then I did the Basic Grey recess papers, distressed and sponged stuff again, than added the Oval Punched the Sweet, which is done in Night of Navy, and then added brads and tabs. Two different ribbons, both on the table...I didn't even get up...the CTMH waxed string in blue, and the little spool of red/pink strip ribbon my dd got me 40 percent off at Roberts, cause the one in St. George UT is moving, and they have a great sale going. I had used a pink polka dot ribbon, but took that off and replaced it with this one. Then I added the tabs. Still needed more, so I added the perforations on the side and bottom, then added faux stitching. Then it still needed somthing so I put the black staples in. Sponged the thing again (why? who knows) and well I think it is as done as I can make it. :) Enjoy.

1 comment:

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW, I love this card -- FANTASTIC JOB!!!