Monday, August 6, 2007

Cherish Rose Tole, Paper Tole Technique


I tried a new technique today, from the SCS challenge. Paper Tole! I did an easy version with Roses In Winter, and I like the way it turned out. All done with one sheet of SU shimmer white, and a square of Pretty in Pink SU Cardstock which I ran through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder, then distressed.. Then I rubbed it with luminere, then frosted lace stickles, it has a wonderful sheen to it. Then I traced a ribbon spool over the Cherish Image, cut around it with scalloped scissors and sponged. Traced the C with a gelwriter glitter pen for more sparkle and a few dots on the flourishes. Then I stamped the rose on the leftover shimmer white, cut out, sponged, rolled, sponged some more, distressed, and rolled again. Put it all together with SU dimentionals, added some frosted lace stickles to finish it. Then I put the card together with dimentionals, adding the pink chiffon ribbon. I really like it's soft glowy look, very pretty in pink!

1 comment:

Corie said...

SO gorgeous -- love all the layers!!!