Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oven Puffy Pancakes



I tried a quick easy breakfast recipe this morning! Yay for Spring Break...but really this was so easy I could make it on a work morning as well.

Puffy Oven Pancake
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Mix together:
1/4 cup flour
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
dash of salt
Melt a Tablespoon of butter in a round cake pan in the oven. Remove from oven when butter melts and then add the batter. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes until edges are lightly browned and crispy. Slide onto plate and serve with fruit. Very good with a bit of syrup or powdered sugar as well.

I got the recipe from my friend, Grandma Honey- http://adventuresofgrandmahoney.blogspot.com/2012/04/winning-breakfast-idea.html


I added a little dash of salt, with the original recipe and I too only needed to bake it for 10 minutes...just enough time to cut my fruit and find my plate. It tasted so buttery and good! I am going to have a really fun time experimenting with this recipe.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

I'm so glad you tried it Melinda! The Mom who originally had this on her blog put yogurt on as well.

btw, I finally found your Tru Root bean trio....we ordered it online because none of our Costcos carry it. I love how versatile and quick it is....love it! I also ordered a sack of their quinoa and that is wonderful as well.