Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Tulips are what my husband got for me this year. Beautiful Red and White Tulips, two dozen. I love how they move and change everytime I look at them. Roses don't do that, but tulips.....they have their own mind, there is just something interesting about that.

Here's the tulips from the entry way...

Tulips on the mantle, too

And cookies and candy on the table...

The kids all came over for dinner last night. Meatloaf, baked potatoes both white and sweet. A tossed salad, a medley of steamed veggies and Lindsay made a fruit salad, all with fresh fruit from Bountiful Baskets. I've had a real build up of fruits and veggies, we chopped, peeled and diced our way to dinner last night. So many fruits and veggies! Cookies and ice cream for dessert and it was a casual fun evening. So good to see them and the grandbabies...loved all the fun. Thanks you guys!

Husband and I watched Romancing the Stone the other night...I'd forgotten how fun and silly it was, with enough action to keep my husband interested...I sure like that movie..fun choice for valentines day! Joe vs. the Volcano was another one we were talking about last night. Gotta love romantic comedies this time of year and that is another favorite! What are your favorite movies to watch on Valentines day?
Enjoy your day...

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Beautiful...what a sweet husband!

Louie said...

Hi Melinda! Beautiful tulips ... I love how you say they have their own mind, and that's a GOOD thing!

We went out to eat somewhere besides fast food :) and exchanged cards and gifts. :)I had made a 5x5 card online including me and "gramps" and all the grandkids except the newest one, which I mailed cause nobody lives close enough. My 5-yr-old granddaughter called to express enthusiastic THANKS! So cute. She loved the picture of her and gramps with orange and green and pink fuzzy wire eyeglasses they made! Hope to see you next week when I'm at school again to return mr. B's book. :)