Friday, April 25, 2008

Sage Joy SC173


This card was made for the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge 173. It is a fun, easy to work with sketch and I'm sure I will reuse it! I worked with SU Western Sky DSP, Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy and the card base is Blue Bayou. Inks used, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Sage Shadow, and Old Olive Marker. I also used SU White Grossgrain rubbed on a Sage Shadow ink pad, and SU Hemp. I inked the Polka Dots& Paisley flower stamp with Not Quite Navy and marked the stem and parts of the flower with the old olive marker before stamping. I also used the Sanded Background stamp, lightly inking it with Sage Shadow and laying the small sentiment over it, only pressing at the edges...I wanted a light center. Then I stamped the sentiment, then I sponged it with sage and sahara sand to age it. Then I wrapped the hemp, glued all the layers of the card together, and then added the paisley...which I stamped on a scrap of SU Whisper White, then layered with Sahara Sand, then Not Quite Navy, cutting out with scissors and then distressing. This card made up fairly quickly, under 45 minutes, even with planning time and fussing with what to do.

No comments: